IIoT Network Specialist
This job listing has expired.
: Surrey, British Columbia
Ensol Systems Inc. is a technology integrator and manufacturer that develops innovative solutions for remote power, surveillance, communications and safety. We specialize in building rugged, reliable clean power systems that are field proven and purpose-built for the most challenging off-grid industrial locations. Our systems are used throughout construction, mining, and oil & gas industries, as well as by law enforcement agencies to save time, money and to improve safety.
Ensol Systems Inc. is currently seeking a IIoT Network Specialist to complement their dynamic Research and Development Team. In this role you will have an opportunity evaluate emerging IoT networking products and strategies in the industry and leverage your discoveries to continue to expand and maintain Ensol System’s current IoT solutions it uses to allow data collecting, remote monitoring and controlling of equipment in the field. You will be supported by a diverse team of technologists, network/system administrators, engineers, and software developers. The Research and Development team will also be involved in business projects during the project design phase to provide solutions to emerging challenges that are encountered to meet unique customer networking and security requirements. This role will require background knowledge in general IT, infrastructure, networking, and coding areas and provides an opportunity to implement solutions in an industry that is outside of typical corporate IT environments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Compliment an agile research and development team with networking strategies to enhance features and capabilities of purpose-built embedded systems, web clients, and mobile applications.
- Assist in following best practices when it comes to network structure and security.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of networks and monitored devices.
- Upgrade, configure and debug existing systems.
- Assist in providing technical support for new and existing networks operating in the field.
- Liaise with employees to assess the need for changes and improvements in existing systems.
- Hold a passion and vested interest in the technology industry.
- Participate in the analysis and design of customer systems and come up with strategies for integrations or remediations.
- Have a general knowledge of client-server infrastructure and the networking strategies used to connect them.
- Willing to expand one’s knowledge into parallel industries like site security and renewable power systems.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education with a diploma or degree in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- 1+ year of experience in IT network administration or support.
- Proficient understanding of corporate network structure and components.
- Network+, CCNA, or higher training and certification considered an asset.
- Firewall, Routing and Switching protocols.
- Must be comfortable in a Linux environment.
- Knowledge and experience with embedded systems, MODBUS, SNMP, and PLCs considered an asset.
- Familiar with IoT concepts and strategies considered an asset.
- Any experience dealing with IoT networks and working with industry standard protocols such as MQTT.
- Familiar with IoT products such as Node-RED, Mosquito, AWS IoT Core, etc.
- Experience with scripting or programming languages would be considered an asset:
- Bash, batch, and PowerShell
- Proficient with MS Office Suite with the ability to learn new software programs quickly.
- Motivated, quick learner with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate technical concepts for employees and customers to understand.
- Flexible with the ability to quickly adapt to changing requests.
- Good time management skills with the willingness to take ownership of tasks and see them through to successful completion.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively in a team based environment
Join our team and discover an exciting career with endless opportunities for learning, advancement and professional fulfillment.
NOTE: Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in Ensol Systems Inc.